Of the many things that need fixing on my Subaru Sambar, restoring the headlights is probably down at the bottom of the list. They weren't terrible, they weren't really a safety issue, and they were working just fine. That is of course where I started.
I have restored headlights using polishing kits before and they worked pretty well, but generally the lights turn yellow again pretty quickly. This time I chose the Sylvania Headlight Restoration based on the recommendation from Project Farm. This kit comes with a UV blocker you apply at the end that is supposed to extend the life of the restoration. Fingers crossed.
The whole process was similar to previous kits and took maybe 2 hours to complete (not counting the 6 hour cure time after applying the UV blocker). The only prep I did was to wash the lights and then protect the paint around the lights with some painters tape. I've had the kit for some time, but finding a window where you can absolutely guarantee no rain or fog for at least 6 hours meant waiting until the end of June.
Following the instructions, which were easy and clear, you wet sand the headlights by hand with progressively finer sandpaper and finally a rubbing compound. Even though I've done it before, it always makes me nervous as you make them far worse before they get better.